There might be an innate reason why you want to pursue fashion designing, while you explore outwards, and search within yourself, for what you are good at? Do you perhaps have an amazing sense of matching colours and patterns? Your doodles are mostly ideas for dresses? Maybe you are good at styling fabrics or you have a keen sense of an understanding of clothing and textiles.
You can leverage your core strengths in your future career and there are myriad options available. Roughly, you can choose from one of the following careers:
- Fashion Designer – One of the most ambitious career options out of all. A Fashion Designer is someone who cooks up new ideas based on the latest trends that are ruling the world. Designing concepts and apparel is what they essentially do. If you are someone who can dream up creative concepts and are always up to date about what’s happening in the industry, you may wish to choose this path.
- Fashion Illustrator – As the name suggests, a Fashion Illustrator draws/illustrates the ideas of a fashion designer on paper and/or on computers. Needless to say, if you want to pursue this career, you need to be really good at drawing and illustration. You will get to work closely with designers to bring their ideas to reality.
- Fashion Stylist – Simply put, what Fashion Designers and Illustrators design, Stylists present them beautifully. They take care of makeup, accessories, hairstyles, and everything else to make sure the model looks stunning wearing the designs. You need to have an amazing sense of style and should be nifty with accessorizing to shine on this path. There is a huge demand for this career and you will work alongside models and travel the world doing so.
- Fashion Consultant – Fashion consultants are someone who helps individuals choose their style based on their image, personality, and looks. You need to know the trends of the industry as well as the basics of fashion designing to take on this route.
- Fashion Director – A Fashion Director manages fashion companies or houses and also directs fashion shows. They need to have a comprehensive understanding of how the industry works, and have amazing research and network skills to run the shows successfully. Apart from this consumer behaviour, advertising tactics, and marketing skills are also very essential to becoming a Fashion Director.
- Fashion Merchandiser– Self-explanatory, this role involves you helping fashion companies merchandise and sell their products. To be able to successfully fulfil this role, you need to not just know the past, present, and future trends of the future, you also need to understand the ups and downs of business as well. If you are someone who loves multiple responsibilities, this role would suit you.
Want to join the Fashion Industry and pursue your dream career while at the same time satiating your creative hunger? The Faculty of Fashion & Design, SGT University, Gurugram, can provide you with the stepping stone into the creative and glamorous world of fashion and design.
Faculty of Fashion & Design, SGT University – Top 10 fashion designing college in Delhi NCR
The Faculty of Fashion & Design, SGT University, is among the best private colleges in India for fashion & designing courses. It has roped in Bollywood actress, model and beauty pageant winner, Miss Zoya Afroz as its Brand Ambassador and Advisory Board member.
The faculty offers Bachelor of Design, Master of Design and MBA in Fashion Management courses. The courses are designed in consultation with industry partners and focus on hands-on practical exposure.
The Faculty of Fashion & Design also has an in-house fashion brand – #Designforlife, where students can create and showcase their clothing and lifestyle products. State-of-the-art, in-house laboratories like Computer-Aided Lab, Illustration Lab, Fashion Photography Lab, etc., provides unmatched exposure and training for the students.